CHRISTMAS 2012 CARE PACKAGES
Here it is! I stayed up all night last night getting these little boxes of goodies together. And boy, what a night it was. I never realized how hard and time consuming it is to hand sew something o.O Next time I decide to play Martha Stewart, stop me please.
Anyways, despite countless hours of no sleep and several pricked fingers, I had so much fun getting these together.
Weeks ago when I asked my boyfriend what he wanted for Christmas, he said all he wanted was me (cue girly sigh now). After reminding him I wasn’t exactly small enough to fit in a flat rate box and shipped via USPS, he suggested this… that we “un-sew” our hearts and send them to each other. Well, also not quite possible BUT what he said did get me thinking. Even though I couldn’t un-sew my true heart and wrap it up in a box, I could sew him a new one. And that’s how the idea of the heart shaped pillow was born. It was a long process (I’ve never sewed a thing in my life let alone by hand) but I’m so proud of it. Even if it is very awkwardly shaped. It might not be perfect but, then again, neither am I.
Along with it I attached a note that read "Forever and always, until the end of time, I am yours and you are mine. So now I give you my heart in your hands to hold, keep it close and don’t let go - until the moment when we came say I’m in your arms, for good, to stay. Remember babe, this is fate, and don’t forget… for you I’ll always wait."
A poet I am not, but I still think it sounded pretty good if I do say so myself :P
Box #1 included:
- A mini Christmas tree
- 20 mini shatterproof red and gold bulbs (for the tree)
- Christmas ornament hooks
- Battery operated mini LED lights (for the tree)
- Gold string of beads (for the tree)
- Gold bow (for the tree topper)
- Bells to ring in the new year
- One heart shaped pillow
- One mini heart shaped pillow to keep with him in his pocket
- Fresh Pine scented air freshener
- 'C' batteries (for the lights)
- Scented glitter pine cones
- An 8x8 shadow box frame with a picture of me blowing him a kiss and real mistletoe’
- A Christmas card with his letter and the inventory list for the boxes
- Handmade “snowflakes” decorated by my son and cut out by myself
- Christmas trivia card game
- Christmas puzzle
- Hot chocolate (caramel, chocolate supreme, mint, and french vanilla)
- $25 iTunes card
- Mini box of Christmas chocolates
- Christmas mini M&Ms
- Christmas skittles in a Santa container
- Christmas colored Tic Tacs
- Christmas Chips Ahoy cookies
- Candy canes in a mini stocking
- A red glitter star ornament with a note attached that read: Wishing upon a star for you!
- Body and foot warmers
- Christmas mix-tape
All in all, I’d say my last care package to him (hopefully!) was a success. There were a few items I couldn’t get in time, like his Dark Knight Rises DVD and the men’s cologne sampler (it comes with 10 mini cologne samples that he can try out and chose between, then take in the sample he likes best and trade it for a full sized version) but those can just be sent later because soon enough he should be home!
(Edited to fix typos. You guys shouldn’t let me on the computer with such little sleep :P)